Saturday 15 November 2008

1st 3D model - December (Christmas)

December

This is my first calendar month for December. This represents a happy, cold and relaxing mood. In order to make this month I’ve decided to create a snowman, Santa Claus, an elf, a moon and add some snow background falling from the sky.

To begin with, I start with a Plane and convert it to a Polygon and drag to set its size.




To start working on my snow I open up Material Editor, choose white for Diffuse, Specular Level 10 and set Color to 15.















Selecting Maps, I then click None from Bumps and open up a dialogue box of Map Browser. Next I select Mix.












From the Mix Parameters, I click on None from Color #1. Again the Map Browser dialog box opens and I select Cellular. This is how the snow effect should look like.








From the Cell Characteristics I select Chips and set its size to 0.1

Now my snow should look like this.






This was a very simple and easy snowman to create. I have used Spheres, cylinders and a cone.





The body of the snowman, I simply converted to a Polygon and dragged it down to make a dent on its neck so that the head can be placed on top.
To create Santa Claus, I’ve used many Spheres to create the head, body, eyes, legs and shoes.

The hat was create from a cone and the angle was set to -98.0 and its direction is -26.0.


The beard was the difficult one to do. The method I used to create this was add a Sphere and convert it to a Polygon and drags it X’s, Y’,s and Z’s around to form a beard. This was the best I can do but overall it I am proud of it.



The elf wasn’t difficult to make, I’ve repeated the same method creating Santa Claus and part the only difference between them is the elf does not have a beard but with pointy ears. I used a Triangle to do this.
Overall creating this model for this calendar month I find it interesting and fun to make. I felt that using various online tutorials it has really helped me gain some experience and has been really helpful to me. Creating snow I have no knowledge about and where to start off but with the tutorials I’ve learnt a lot and pleased with this attempt. The snowman, Santa Claus and the elf was no problem at all.




















No comments: