Saturday 15 November 2008

2nd 3D Model - April (Easter)

April

This is my second calendar month of April which represents Easter. For my assignment I’ve decided to create a 3D model of a basket full of Easter eggs in it including a background with a tree and grass as the layout.

To begin with I first create a cylinder shape, then set its parameters from the Modify panel as Radius: 14, height: 24, segments: 5, cap segments: 1 and the sides: 18.






What I’ve done next is converting it to Mesh and then set to Polygon. I then click on the top and deleted it to make a hole for the basket.







I’ve added Taper modifier and set its parameters to its Amount: 0.7 and its curve: 0.15

Then I’ve added its lattice modifier which will look like this.
Now if I set the parameters for the Struts and the Joints I then create slim bars which will look like this.



To start of creating a land, I first select the plane from the control panel. Before adding grass, I need to convert it to a polygon and then drag and move its verticals around to get the correct adjustment in making a land.



Once the land is done, I then need to add grass. In doing this I change the Standard Primitives to AEC Extended.














To create a piece of grass I first create a cone. By adjusting the right size I want, I simply enter 1 for Radius 1, 0 for Radius 2 and 40 for the Height.

I then select Bend from the modifier panel and set the cones angle to -14.0.







To scatter around the plane I simply go to Compound Objects and select Scatter. Then I also click on Instance from the Pick Distribution Object. Now to finally scatter the grass I type in 200 for Duplicates. I also another cone and repeated the same method from the previous one and this is how it should look like when rendering.


To start of I’ve created a sphere with there parameters Radius: 2.5cm, Segments: 3.2 this is the size of what the egg should look like. I then convert it into on Editable Poly by right clicking it.


In the modify panel in the selection part I select Vertex. This will allow me to view all parts of the shape in vertexes, which allows me to drag the top of the sphere and form it into an egg shape.









Opening the soft selection I check the “Use Soft Selection” and then set the Falloff volume to 3.2cm. I’ve also used colour materials to create the eggs with covers on it.

Another 3D model I have included is a rabbit. This was a very simple structure to make. I simply used a lot of Spheres and couple of Lines to develop this.

















To finish off my model I’ve added a Bitmap image for my background which all needed to do is click on the Environment Map. I’ve also added a tree to make it more a natural environment.




That is my final completion of my Calendar month of April.


For this calendar month my second attempt I’ve find this one more challenging as I decided to create a basket for the Easter eggs. With help from tutorials, again I learnt new techniques and materials of creating this. I found creating the grass and the rabbit was easy to implement.



No comments: