Thursday 29 January 2009

3D Animation

Week 1: Basic animation


For our second semester, we begin to learn a whole new feature and thats animation. We've first learnt how to animate a ball, bouncing from top to bottom. There are various techniques to animate an object which I have found quite confusing first but learning the basic features, it isn't as difficult as it seems. For now. Learning to use the Time slider to animate the object, you can also use the Mini Curver and Curve Editor to move the object manually.


Here is a basic bouncing ball.


My first animation:

For my first attempt on creating a 3D animation, I've started creating three spheres, a cone and a box. I combine the cone and box to form as a similarity to a gun. Then I begin to place the spheres (as bullets) at the gun where it will shoot from across the screen.

To set the animation, I select Autokey so that the frames are set to be an easy way to animate. I then go to the Time slider and set the right timimg of the movement from the frames. It is an easy step to apply through as it is basically setting which frames to the animation.

Overall I feel on my first attempt has been a slow start to begin with as animating on 3D studio max is all new to me. I hope in the next couple of weeks I will gain some knowledge on how to animate more frequently.

Here is my very short animation:

No comments: