Friday 6 March 2009

Week 6

Week 6: Finishing Ident 1

The animation is complete. All I needed was to include a sun and then the effect to glow in the scene. I've applied a sphere as the sun. Then for its detail, I use photoshop to apply them on the sphere.

When I apply this material to the sphere, it did not look convincing and so I use an Omni light to help and make more effects to the sun.


Applying the omni light to glow I need to select the Enviroment and Effects menu.



Through this I need to select the panel and add Glow, then I pick a light from the bottom and select Omni. That is how I used a glow effect.



The theme:

Sometimes channels only use music to support the feel of their idents and I thought a sound effect for this ident does not necessarily need one. I've searched and donwloaded a nice and calmly music which is an actual song but all I needed was the first 31 seconds and so using Audacity, I highlight and delete the ones are not required. Just for the last 3 secs for the end, I use a fade out effect to end the theme which goes nicely with my ident.

Originally, there were not suppose to any music/ theme to this. The sound ideally was to be sounds of people, engines of vehicles, planes and more while the earth rotates. I've decided to chnage the theory and input a music instead as I re-watched my ident thinking that this would sound more beautiful if I use a calm and peaceful music.

Here is my first BBC 1 ident.



I find this was probably one of the most interesting and enjoyable 3D modelling and animation effort. Although this was merely an extent of animation, I still find this was a positive effort as this animation was quite basic but in theory this was my first ever attempt on animating a 3D model.

No comments: